Friday, May 27, 2011

Brooches For Bertie

In April 2011 a series of tornadoes went through Bertie County, devastating many homes and lives. 14 people were killed and over 50 were hospitalized. There were numerous houses lifted and carried away, leaving many of the county's residents homeless. Brooches for Bertie has been my way of trying to help the community from where I am. The felt brooches come in many colors and I have been selling them for a donation of your choice, with 100% of the donation going to the disaster relief. It's been pretty successful so far, but there is always room for improvement. Please let me know if you are interested in helping out this broken community. Your support will be greatly appreciated!

This is the brooch purchased by Ken Bova to contribute to 'Brooches for Bertie'.

Below are some photographs I took on a trip to Windsor after the tornadoes. The devastation is unbelievable and heartbreaking. My family has been so fortunate, and I'm proud to be able to help in any way I can. Thanks for everyones continued support!







No comments:

Post a Comment